For anyone interested in sociology this course is highly recommended since this is an introductory course in sociology, with particular emphasis on sociological concepts and theories; social institutions and networking; social problems and change; and methods of sociological investigation. Understanding basic concepts and theories of sociology would inspire students searching for the root causes of social problems and applying their knowledge and skill to resolve those problems for making the world more livable for everybody.
The main objective of this course is to enable students thinking sociologically. However, the key objectives are following:
- To understand the background of sociology and other social sciences
- To understand the major social and intellectual forces of the development of sociology
- To be familiar with the key sociologists and their contribution
- To understand and master the principal aspects of society and human groups
- To understand the sociological methods of knowledge production
- Teacher: Mr. Obydullah Al Marjuk